Cooking time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Quantity: 6 servings
- 8 goose breast fillet
- 500 g goose liver
- 1 small head of red cabbage
- 600 g apples
- 1 liter of clarified apple juice
- 6 sheets of filo pastry
- 2 yolks for greasing
- 50 ml cognac
- 50 g almond “petals”
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 2 tbsp. l ready-made demiglas sauce
- 5 g salt mixture of five peppers
- freshly ground black pepper
For the sauce:
- 200 g clarified apple juice
- 100 g sugar
- 10 g coriander seeds
- 50 g raspberry balsamic cream
What to do:
- Cut the cabbage into strips, peel the apples, cut into 4 parts, remove the core. Put the cabbage and apples in a pan, add apple juice and thyme leaves, salt a little, simmer over medium heat until soft, about 40 minutes. Then beat in a blender until smooth, add salt and pepper (in principle, you can leave it as it is, like a traditional stewed cabbage, without chopping it in mashed potatoes).
- For the sauce, fry the coriander in a saucepan until a flavor appears, add sugar, melt to a golden color, without stirring. Then pour in apple juice and balsamic, evaporate (a thick sauce should turn out), strain through a fine sieve.
- Clean the liver from veins, sprinkle with cognac, season with a mixture of peppers and leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Remove excess fat from the goose’s breast, cut the skin crosswise in increments of 1.5 cm, salt on both sides, put the skin down on a frying pan, put it on a low heat so that the fat is melted and the skin is fried until the crunch (constantly drain the fat, appearing in a pan). Once the skin is fried, turn off the heat and turn the breast over. Leave on for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190 ° C. Two goose breasts and a liver cut into small cubes, add almonds, salt, pepper and demiglas, mix well.
- Take a filo dough sheet, put in the center 1/6 of the resulting filling, wrap it in a roll for 2 turns, bend the open ends inward and wrap the roll to the end, grease with yolks. Cook 5 more rolls in the same way.
- Send the fried breast and rolls with garnish to the preheated oven for 5-6 minutes.
- Put mashed red cabbage on a plate, next to a goose breast and a roll with a side dish, pour sauce. Decorate as you wish.